Distributors (Article 14 of MDR)
- Verify that the device has been CE marked and the EU Declaration of Conformity has been drawn up.
- Verify the manufacturer has assigned a UDI (Unique Device Identifier).
- Verify the device is properly labelled and accompanied by the required instruction for use.
- Ensure that device is stored and transported within the requirements defined by the Manufacturer.
- Distributors that have received complaints or reports from healthcare professionals, patients or users forward the information to the manufacturer, the authorized representative, and the importer.
- Verify that importer has met their obligation and sample product to verify that requirements have been met.
- Verify that importer has complied with requirements.
- Not place non-conforming product on the market and inform the Manufacturer and where appropriate the Authorized Representative and Importer for serious risk/falsified device, the Competent Authorities should also be informed.
A gift for you.
I created specifically for this course a Mind Map with the Roles and Responsibilities of the Economic Operators.
Download the Mind Map